Every student who attends Calday is a member of a ‘House’. The Houses combine students from Year 7 through to the Upper Sixth.
The House System is designed to embody the values and ethos of Calday Grange Grammar School and is an integral part of our school community. House Captains and School Council members work together to create a stronger student voice and further the community spirit of the school.
The three Houses are named after former Headteachers; Bennett (Blue), Glegg (Red) and Hollowell (Green).
House Group Objectives
Our aim is to provide every student in each House with the following:
- Pastoral support through the Heads of House and Deputy Heads of House.
- A sense of belonging within the school community.
- Opportunities to develop social, intellectual, physical and practical skills.
- A sense of achievement both inside and outside the classroom.
- Fun and excitement through competition.
- Opportunities for leadership.
- An awareness of individual and collective responsibility.