The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is a warm, welcoming and well-used resource accessible to all students and staff. It is used for individual study, research and reading for pleasure.
We try to encourage a love of reading through events such as author visits, book fairs and local and national book awards. We also have reading lessons for KS3 students every week.
The Learning Resource Centre aims to:
- Support students’ literacy development and encourage their reading for pleasure.
- Give all students access to the best of literature and the ideas, knowledge and inspiration it can provide.
- Support the curriculum by providing space, resources and guidance for research tasks, study and revision.
- Collaborate with teachers in developing successful life-long learners, critical thinkers and effective users of information.
- Sustain and curate without bounds or prejudice a catalogue that caters for all readers of all abilities.
- Be a centre of acceptance, inclusivity and curiosity.
- Teamwork and responsibility are encouraged via our Library Prefect scheme.
All stock is updated regularly and features a wide range of authors, debut novelists and prize-winning texts both contemporary and classic. Advice is on hand to direct, encourage and motivate. The aim is to foster a love of reading that will last a lifetime. Students are encouraged to offer suggestions about acquiring new books.
We have a wide range of resources to help Sixth Form students with their studies, including study skills guides, university prospectuses and other career information, as well as a wide range of reading books.
Each student is shown how to search our library catalogue LIBRESOFT by using their personal log in details. They can also reserve a book and write short reviews. They can borrow up to 6 books at a time and the loan period is 14 days for years 7-11 and 4 weeks for sixth formers. Items can be renewed by contacting the library staff.
All students are responsible for all items borrowed until they are returned. Students are reminded to return books on time. Should an item be damaged or lost, we ask that it is either replaced with the same or similar book in a good condition or that payment is made via ParentPay for a replacement copy.